View Single Post
Old 01-05-2009, 02:29 AM   #42 (permalink)
The Atomic Ass
Master EcoModder

Overland - '24 Nissan Versa S 5MT
90 day: 40.23 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MD2000 View Post
Acceleration from a stop on flat dry road, with the e-wheel is probably 30-40 seconds. It feels very long as the guy behind me is probably going to be on the horn.
Moderate Hill climbing once I am up to 30MPH is reasonable, with only a drop of 4-5 MPH.
If I had the money, I would have put in a bigger system, with a top speed of 40-45.
The controller is a Curtis that can do 400A max, but the motor life would be severely reduced, and the AGM31 batteries also would have issues, so I set the current limit at 200A.
I typically use the e-wheel when city driving, or on back roads with little traffic.
If I were to do it again, I would do it differently for sure.
Your vehicle only weighs in around 2k lbs doesn't it? I've done some impromptu towing with my Burgman that put me over 2k GVWR (Yeah, yeah, I know ) and I was still able to pull away faster than that at half throttle, which is ~9-10hp at the wheel, going by a dyno chart and the revs I was pulling. On flat ground no less.

But money is a sticking point, isn't it? It's basically the only reason I don't yet have electric conveyance.