View Single Post
Old 01-05-2009, 03:06 PM   #1 (permalink)
Cepheuz
EcoModding Lurker

Mr. Jones - '02 Skoda Fabia Classic
90 day: 19.09 mpg (US)
Send a message via MSN to Cepheuz
Hello from the Dominican Republic

hi all;

My name is Tonny Garcia, i live in the Dominican Republic and i have a carburetor 00 Skoda Felicia GLX

i joined Ecomodder cu's i like the fuel history tool, i also would like to use it as a signature in the briskoda.net forum i'm part of,

my reason for joining are simple, my car right now gives 40km/g(US) and its supposed to give me 60km/g(US) but i know that with proper driving i can have that go over 70km/g i almost all the time do city driving with a lot of traffic so i already turn the engine off at red lights, and coast, but the DWL and P&G are going to help me a lot, i just have to try to adjusted to a driving style i can use in this congested metropolis

i plan to lower the car a bit more that is alredy is, i'll put the thinest tires i can use in my model witch is 155/75R13 or 155/80R13 and run 36/34psi on the tires to give me the extra miles

also trying to purchase a vacuum gauge i can use on the dash to control the acceleration and load, and possibly will try to fine tune the accelerator cable to get a better feel and more accurate acceleration,

i'm alredy thinking of a driving style i'm thinking of naming "Dash n space acceleration ( - - - - ) same as P&G, just adjusted for congested city driving and short runs basic principle of P&G but the pulse is more abrupt, you let the car idle on neutral and Coast in double the ratio (4 sec pulse 8 sec glide) if your car is like mine the speed will hover in a neat sine wave of 5 km/h on 60 km/h (so 55 start pulse until 60 and glide on neutral until 55 again) engine in neutral idle (with gear set) just because is city driving and you might need to accelerate or move out of the way.