View Single Post
Old 02-04-2008, 08:51 PM   #17 (permalink)
Ryland
Master EcoModder

honda cb125 - '74 Honda CB 125 S1
90 day: 79.71 mpg (US)

green wedge - '81 Commuter Vehicles Inc. Commuti-Car

Blue VX - '93 Honda Civic VX
I ended up getting it from a friend who had it sitting in his renewable energy buisness's shop, he had bought it from a friend of his brother for $100 then paid $85 to rent a trailer to move it, he only wanted to be paid what he had invested in to it under the condition that I get it working and give him a ride.
I'm hoping to keep all the batteries in the origonal location, under the seat, and everything I've read, and people I've talked to all agree that Trojans are pretty good for the money, so I found a battery dealer that rebuilds gulf carts and will sell me T-105 Trojans for $105+$6 core charge and will take any full size battery in exchange, the Trojan head office help desk also told me about a distrubuter that they say is in town, but we can't find in the phone book... so tomarow during buissness hours I'll make more phone calls.
I'm also thinking that if the price is low enough I might go with T-145, they are about 40amp hours more (260AH...) each and 3/4" taller, leaving me 1/2" of space between the bottem of my seat (fiber glass milk house board) and the top of the battery post, so unless those higher capasity batteries are out of my price range I think I'll go with them, Trojan claims 3 year life with extream use, and 5 years with normal use.

I also tested my motor with a car battery, useing a plywood box with a notch for the axle to rest in holding up the rear end, voltage droped to 10.9v and 51amps, the motor spins nice and quite, no weird differntal noise, but my brakes need work as they don't work and one side rubs a little, I checked the brushes and they are looking a little short, so I'll also make a phone call to find out how much an overhaul is going to cost me.