Thread: New Aptera
View Single Post
Old 01-08-2009, 06:03 PM   #45 (permalink)
roflwaffle
Master EcoModder

Camryaro - '92 Toyota Camry LE V6
90 day: 31.12 mpg (US)

Red - '00 Honda Insight

Prius - '05 Toyota Prius

3 - '18 Tesla Model 3
90 day: 152.47 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cfg83 View Post
The request by Aptera to convert to a non-refundable deposit will generate a "give me my money back" response from some people (that's what I would do).
It's not a request, just a change in the reservation program. They are now providing the option of getting $250 off in exchange for making the $500 deposit non-refundable. The customer gets $250 off, so they save a bit, and Aptera gets to see who is serious and who is wishy washy so they don't have a bunch of cars sitting around when people decide gas isn't high enough to warrant the purchase.
Quote:
As we move closer to volume production in the face of this challenged economy, it becomes increasingly important for us to accurately forecast our first year's production volume. To date, we have tried to provide the greatest flexibility possible by maintaining all deposits as fully refundable, and now it has become equally important for Aptera to properly model our operations to meet demand. To address this issue, we have created a proposition, known as "Lock-in," to reward your commitment to this point and in the future. Lock-in allows you to voluntarily convert your deposit from refundable to a firm, non-refundable one and receive an addition $250 credit towards the purchase of your Aptera vehicle. In other words, we will give you an additional 50% return on your money for sticking with us and taking the extra step.
I wouldn't be surprised if you could get your entire non-refundable deposit back if they don't deliver your car in order and start volume production by, what, Oct 9th 2009?