View Single Post
Old 01-10-2009, 01:50 AM   #9 (permalink)
Wingmn
EcoModding Lurker

93 SL2 Auto - '93 Saturn SL2
90 day: 29.49 mpg (US)

09 Outlook FWD - '09 Saturn Outlook XR
90 day: 21.07 mpg (US)
Well - Here's my verdict.

I de soldered - re touched every solder connection that might have been considered grey - made a plastic backing for my LCD - resoldered everything because I thought maybe it was just the contact between boards -

And it still had blocks.............

So - I desoldered again. Pushed all the pins down - removed/cut pins 7-10 off. Did not get the plastic off (I was to anxious to see if the new stuff worked). I cleaned up the remaining pins.

I recieved my NEW LCD today - blue background/white letters - made another plastic backing - soldered it into place - a bit more space between boards this time...

Plugged it into my car - and It WORKED!! HOT DOG!

It came up with Ver .74 - so I know I was re flashing the sketch correctly all those times. Mine shipped with ver .73 when I initially powered it up.

So, Either pushed the pins and cleaning them up solved the problem / or my LCD was toast... Considering all the times I've soldered and desoldered that LCD who knows..

Thanks gascort for sending your MPguino to dcb - thanks dcb for giving me 1 more thing to try before I stomped on my MPGuino

Hey - dcb - if you want I'll mail you my LCD if you are curious. I'm done soldering for a while.