View Single Post
Old 01-10-2009, 02:56 PM   #7 (permalink)
Curly1
EcoModding Lurker

Princess - '08 Chevy HHR LSSR
90 day: 23.66 mpg (US)
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cd View Post
That is such a cool looking design. I can see how you would be reluctant to change the look of it any.
Besides decreasing the area of your truck, lowering it made it look even better too didn't it ?
So now you can 'have your cake and eat it too'.

If I wanted to retain the factory look, yet improve the aerodynamics, I would go with a stealth grille block for starters. By stealth, I mean have it mounted just behind the chrome slats in the grille and paint it flat black.
No one but you would ever notice. ( But of course block off only a section at a time and monitor the temperature till you get to the point to where the motor begins to show that it is getting hot - then back off. )

Besides the grille block, one other thing that you might consider is 'moon' wheels. It would actually go along with the look of the truck too, since it has the hot rod look.
Keep the stock wheels in the garage - it would be a shame to mess those up.

Other than these two things, you would have to start adding things that would take away from the look of the truck.

Post pictures !
Ok, Here is a picture.

I did have moons on there for a while and I really liked the look but found a set of Solstice wheels I like better. So that is what is on there now.
I am proud of the way it looks (though I admit it is not for everyone) and it looks much better since I have got it. I am trying to make improvements but I am not going to do anything that takes away from the look I want. That makes it difficult to have your cake and eat it to. Still there are things to try and the grill block is one I may work on. Help the car and not hurt the look at all.