View Single Post
Old 01-11-2009, 03:19 AM   #11 (permalink)
Arkaneinc
EcoModding Lurker

DADS - '17 kia sorento
90 day: 21.83 mpg (US)

Cyn - '14 Kia Forte Lx
90 day: 27.75 mpg (US)

Van - '19 dodge grand caravan se plus
90 day: 14.82 mpg (US)
Glad you were able to make it out alright. I'm going through a similar situation right now. I don't own a home so I don't have to worry about that but my wife and I are pulling in half of what we made last year and it's getting tight. Right now I have 2 brand new cars and can only afford to drive on of them. I'd sell 1 but I wouldn't get enough money out of it to make that much of a difference. I just canceled cable and every other bill I could think of to save money. Switched to chicken and rice as well as pb and j.

Was starting to get things turned around last month till I went to the mail box earlier this month and opened a collection notice. Looked at it and just went ohh crud. Looked out the date of original service rendered or whatever and it's from 2004. I had insurance and they never paid it. They declined it. I called the collection company and they send me the notice now because their client (medical bill) is going after all the unpaid debt because they are in danger of closing. I'm trying to negotiate the payments as we speak because so far I haven't had one bill report anything to effect my credit and I'd like to keep it that way.

Thanks for your post though it does reassure me that I am not the only one going through this kind of a situation.

Wish you well for the future.