View Single Post
Old 01-14-2009, 01:04 AM   #191 (permalink)
MPaulHolmes
PaulH

Michael's Electric Beetle - '71 Volkswagen Superbeetle 500000
Thanked 1,202 Times in 765 Posts
New Video! 60v test with 2 mosfets in parallel

This is the 600w test of the motor. 60v, 10amp current limit. The maximum continuous current is more like 40 or 50 amps, but I'm just trying to be gentle, and I'll probably end up burning up my ghetto 36v hub motor, which is NOT intended for lots of power.

It's "publishing" on my computer right now. It takes like 5 or 10 minutes. It's really good! I like the end the most, when it's over, because it was such a bad video.

I'm excited about trying it out in the car. It'll be awesome! I'll use those big yellow ring terminals to connected the controller to the motor and the batteries. I need to buy some more of those. I should set the current limit a bit higher, though, because 10 amps won't move a car very far I dont' think.

My wife said I could say more oprah jokes if it made me happy. I've been very appropriate lately. OK, just a couple. What did Oprah eat for dinner tonight? Everything except Ben's motor, on account of it's dangerous cougar growl scared her clean off his land.

The Dyson cyclone vacuum is based on the principle of how oprah eats. Has anyone seen stedman lately?

Last edited by MPaulHolmes; 01-14-2009 at 01:42 AM.. Reason: wife made me remove the really funny stuff.