View Single Post
Old 01-14-2009, 08:48 AM   #22 (permalink)
Compaq888
EcoModding Apprentice

DMC - '99 Honda Civic DX
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesqf View Post
I'm not terribly impressed. It's nice that they have the more luxury options for those that want them, but some of us don't. (Just as we only want two seats.) I wonder if they're starting to go into the Detroit navel-gazing spiral: "we've made this kind of vehicle, and it's selling well, that must mean it's what everybody wants, so let's make it a little bit bigger & add a few luxury options so we can sell more of them, 'cause it's the only kind of car anyone could possibly want..."

They'd do better to offer a range of types: a 2-seat sports car, a minivan, a small pickup, maybe a bigger sedan aimed at the taxicab market...
They are going by what the general public wants. You or anybody else on here wants a car that doesn't spend any gas, charges by itself via solar panels and has a long distance range. They can't please everyone but they try to please as many as possible. I in fact like the 3rd gen prius and love the new styling of the car. If I was in the market for buyinga car I'd buy this one or the new honda insight.