View Single Post
Old 01-18-2009, 03:10 PM   #7 (permalink)
Piwoslaw
aero guerrilla

Svietlana II - '13 Peugeot 308SW e-HDI 6sp
90 day: 58.1 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by trikkonceptz View Post
No one makes aero kits and for good reasons ...

1-not enough demand
2-not enough vehicle specific demand

The amount of work it takes to make a 1 off body kit or even spoiler would not be cost effective by any means. Therefore it would be in the hands of manufacturers like Toyota to make aero kits for their specific mass produced vehicles.

You wont see this change until FE becomes as important as speed.... so never .. LOL
While surfing around 2-3 days ago, I came across a webpage which sells pro-looking grill blocks for cars available in Poland. They were made out of semi-clear plastic. Amoung the specs were points such as:
- helps your engine warm up faster,
and
- helps keep debris out of your radiator.
It didn't say anything about improved aero, but shorter warm up time is an ecomod.
I see more and more of those grill blocks on cars, though the last 3 weeks have been very cold (down to -24C), so I'm also seeing LOTS of cardboard, not only in delivery vans, but even in luxury BMW's.
I blocked my grill from the inside 2 weeks ago, and my dad-in-law's too (but his had to be opened up, as his driving style causes the engine to get quite hot).

What matters is where you're going, not how fast.

"... we humans tend to screw up everything that's good enough as it is...or everything that we're attracted to, we love to go and defile it." - Chris Cornell

[Old] Piwoslaw's Peugeot 307sw modding thread