View Single Post
Old 01-20-2009, 09:46 PM   #30 (permalink)
Christ
Moderate your Moderation.

Pasta - '96 Volkswagen Passat TDi
90 day: 45.22 mpg (US)
I'm pretty sure I watched that episode when it was on showtime (right channel?)

Oddly enough, I just watched all three clips of it... (it was an hour long show, with about 29 minutes of footage.. damn commercials.)

While I agree with several points in the show there are other things that I don't necessarily agree with. One of which is that recycling is worthless... what they're actually saying there is that MASS recycling is worthless. That might be true, and I'm not prepared to test the validity of the claims against anything else.

What is not "bull ****", as they so eloquently put it (several times), is that PERSONAL recycling actually does save money. If you're recycling things on your own, not using a mass recycling agency to do it for you, you are saving money which would otherwise be spent on those same things. This is the EXACT reason I've mostly limited my pet thread to techniques for the re-use of every day items.

As far as you guys arguing back and forth - the world is going to end in 2012 anyway... why bother wasting the average 2 minutes to post each time?