View Single Post
Old 01-20-2009, 10:09 PM   #9 (permalink)
Christ
Moderate your Moderation.

Pasta - '96 Volkswagen Passat TDi
90 day: 45.22 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by younggun View Post
haha yes, i figured it was a clever name, would make people think it was fearsome in some way, until they find out its a buick...aka G-pa ride
I wouldn't be too quick to call any Buick a G-pa ride LOL...

Consider that Buick used the 3800 engine in several of their rides that produced in excess of 150 HP (V6 engine) and still got nearly 26MPG in EPA estimates... cap that off with the Eaton M60 or M90 blowers that came OEM equipped, you get a quaint 260 HP and still nearly 26 MPG EPA.

By the way, Christine is a VERY commonly used name LOL. I'm pretty sure that most people assume the same thing you did.

The frontier is very new, to the extent that it may yet be worth more retail than it is in pieces.

If you do decide to go through with the swap, you'll probably have better luck advertising your current gas engine to tuners and kids with small RWD Nissan cars, who are looking for a swap.

Transferring the diesel engine won't actually be that much work, but make sure, as was noted above, that you check your gears and such, b/c your current config may not like the diesel too much. (Diesels tend to be happy at lower RPMs)

With all that said, I second the idea that you sell the Nissan and get something a little older, a little lighter, and better suited for the swap.