View Single Post
Old 01-21-2009, 10:32 AM   #183 (permalink)
astrospy73
In search of mpg

Old Blue - '07 Honda Civic
90 day: 58.06 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RH77 View Post
I saw a similar setup on a TV show once -- if I only had the room! Very clever. Do you have to rinse the roof after Winter, to clear any contaminants?

By the way, welcome to EcoModder.

RH77
I ran out and grabbed a couple qwik pics (yep, that white stuff is indeed snow which is somewhat more than Raleigh, NC usually gets). Anyways, the main line has a 30 gal pre-wash and filtering tank (sediments and dirty roof washout), and another small screen inside the large tank to protect again mosquitoes. After looking around at all the rather "limited" size tanks out there on the markets, I just decided it was more value to execute a DIY "landscape ecomod". Even with 550 gal, it is amazing how quickly the tank can be drained. Regular usage without rain will drain the tank in about 3 weeks. Just depends on how conservative you are (and how thirsty the plants are).

*The two 55gal drums in the background will be eventually converted into composting bins.

Thanks... glad to be here and already learning a lot of new things to try and report on the Sentra.

BTW, what is the trick to getting your white/green ecomod stats posted in your signature? I've looked around and must have overlooked the instructions.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	water tank - under deck.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	44.8 KB
ID:	2592   Click image for larger version

Name:	water tank- close up.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	28.2 KB
ID:	2593