View Single Post
Old 01-25-2009, 02:10 PM   #22 (permalink)
trikkonceptz
Legend in my own mind

Evil Pumpkin - '08 Scion xD RS 1.0 #1633
90 day: 35.45 mpg (US)

Silent Silver Killer - '10 Honda Insight EX
90 day: 51.5 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddanz27 View Post
First of all, price is not an issue as I hope this to be a sponsored electric show car.

The three main goals

1- Extreme light weight-
2- as aerodynamic as possible-
3- a daily driver capable vehicle with a range of 60 miles, probably achieved with a small generator installed.

To date there is not a real "aftermarket following" of "street racers" and "car guys" that are on the band wagon. I am trying to prove to these knuckle heads that the future is now and continuing down the road of modifying your car to burn more fuel to make it go faster is almost history. I am setting out to prove that electric can be for lack of a better word... COOL. These guys dont want to see Geo Metros and mid 70s and 80s junkers that have been converted to electric. They want to see something that is proud to show off and something they can continue to "tinker" with and modify to their liking. I hope this answers the question, what am I setting out to do...
I can definately appreciate your intension here, but if price is no object and this is the crowd you wish to attract, point your guns towards the truck guys and build an electric truck. Many exist, you get a rwd configuration, a bed for infinate batteries, which will extend your range goals and still have all the aftermarket options your heart desires.

Hell get unique, build up something heavy that can move with electric and still cover the distance you want. Imagine a slammed dually on electric power that has a 120 mile range. Now there is a show car that will grab some attention.

I am a precisional instrument of speed and aeromatics
If your knees bent in the opposite direction......what would a chair look like???