View Single Post
Old 01-26-2009, 06:27 AM   #39 (permalink)
crexcrex
EcoModding Apprentice

withdraw remark re frank lee

My apologies frank I think that i may well have gone too far and i beleive the same could be said of yourself.

I have the ballz to apologize and it matters little whether a apology is forthcoming from you.

I beleive that it is the intent of those on ecomodders to push modding to the max to obtain the best gas mileage possible and i am of the same mind.
This wee matter of outdated car antenna's came to mind as i thought that antenna's inclusive of the rat tailed variety were a bit much. Unsightly, over priced and can be made much more effective that what is on the market today.

Sales pitch? there really was none as i was attempting to draw attention to a better way of getting rid of unsightly forests of antenna's much like way back when tv antenna's marred the various households accross canada and the USA.

Mu main concern is that like hey it would be great to share the idea's and you can then arrive at your own conclusion unfortunately there are the lurkers and members who would most definetly turn a buck at the concept.

My line of work is sculpting and i too lke all of you prefer clean unbroken lines and take exception to gawdy throwback antenna's.
The concept is super inexpensive and the shapes are varied to suit any vehicle.

I have tested the idea for three months on various vehicles and concluded that if i can obtain crystal clear radio station reception under bridges, tunnels under water this is by far beter than the newer cars that fail to receive radio transmissions under the same circumstances.

Obviously i have something even car makers do not and by far cheaper, if you have taken the time as i have to examine the exploded view of the typical antenna on the various new cars you may well be shocked to see what they have used to obtain radio signals.

Problem here is how can i market a antenna? that isn't a antenna but does better than factory or after market..............

The kicker is for every hole that is exposed can be covered without nuch ado and requires no mods re install a total of five miutes to install.

So my delemma is obvious, do i share or sell? so it would be cool to get some feedback re this issue of antenna's or in my case the lack of.

thanks for your time
crexcrex