View Single Post
Old 01-27-2009, 08:58 PM   #9 (permalink)
Krayzie
EcoModding Apprentice

Alexa - '07 Honda Civic LX
90 day: 38.32 mpg (US)

FX - '06 Infiniti FX35
90 day: 17.98 mpg (US)

Priya - '03 Saturn Ion 3
90 day: 27.81 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deezler View Post
Uhhh, what if you need to open the hood?
well ummm, you rip it off and just tape it back on remember this is just temporary, experimental, as you would say.

So the grill block made it through the day, first it was snow then rain. I couldn't get an accurate measure of if it did anything because i had to go to school early for a little field trip and hit traffic, but one thing i did notice is that i didn't overheat (probably nothing to worry about in freezing temps anyways).

Right now what i want to figure out is which of my 2 possible routes to school are the most efficient, $$ dollar wise. Route 'A' is 30KM/19Mile and about 50/50 city/hwy driving. Route B is 25KM/15.5Mile and 100% city but there's a a stretch where the speed does get high 80kmh/50mph. Both ways are hilly so there's no way around that they take about the same amount of time around 30mins. The last couple days I've been testing my mileage on route 'A' and been getting 36MPG, broke into 37 yesterday. i know i can get better mileage on "A' but need to figure out which one costs less cause 'B' is a shorter drive.