View Single Post
Old 01-28-2009, 04:15 AM   #47 (permalink)
Piwoslaw
aero guerrilla

Svietlana II - '13 Peugeot 308SW e-HDI 6sp
90 day: 58.1 mpg (US)
After reading about internal antennas I decided that pulling mine would further smooth my roofline once I get rid of the railings. But life isn't that easy
Click image for larger version

Name:	antenna.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	44.9 KB
ID:	2635
I found out that my car has a 3-in-1 antenna: the stick is an FM antenna, while the base houses a GPS/GSM reciever for the car's navigation and phone. The FM can be unscrewed, leaving just the bulge. While we don't use the built-in phone (too much hassle transfering a SIM card) or the navigation (we plan on buying an external with a larger screen, so that it can be used in other cars), my wife probably wouldn't let it go. I haven't talked to her about it yet, but I can hear her asking "But what if we need to use it?" Plus, getting rid of it lowers the value of the car, unless I can put everything back on when we sell it.

There are some Peugeots without any external antenna (certain versions of 607). Those have an interal FM, while the GPS/GSM is somehow integrated into the rear hatch or window. But that's a little too much for me.

What matters is where you're going, not how fast.

"... we humans tend to screw up everything that's good enough as it is...or everything that we're attracted to, we love to go and defile it." - Chris Cornell

[Old] Piwoslaw's Peugeot 307sw modding thread

Last edited by Piwoslaw; 01-28-2009 at 04:23 AM..