View Single Post
Old 01-29-2009, 12:34 PM   #1 (permalink)
BrianAbington
Master EcoModder

Civic - '98 Honda Civic DX
90 day: 41.44 mpg (US)
2009/10ish Ford Fusion Hybrid

I came across this link to info about the new fusion hybrid thats suposed to be a 2010 model that goes on sale this spring.

Introducing the 2010 Ford Fusion + Hybrid | Ford Vehicles

The new fusion is beautiful. I love the new design but the new hybrid is really cool. This website has a number of tech features about the car like the nav system and such...but look under the green section...the display for the guages is really cool...its basicaly 2 lcds on either side of the spedo. Additionaly the nav screen can display more info about the recharging and such. 41mpg in the city...37 hwy. And the electric motor can run by itself if your careful up to 47MPH.

I can see it now...a 500 mile trip from Nebraska to colorado at 47mph. I've done some math and it will take you about 6.25 hours at 80 mph. And 10.63 hours at 47mph. Is the extra 4 hours worth not using any gas on vacation...yes...yes it is.

Heck...I-80 has a minimum speed limit of 45 so this could be done. I see RVs crawlling along at 50-55 all the time.

Cover the lower openings of the bumper, make some wheel skirts, and get some steelies to put on some smooth wheel covers and you've got a good looking car, and will probably increase the battery distance.