View Single Post
Old 02-01-2009, 12:59 PM   #5 (permalink)
Curly1
EcoModding Lurker

Princess - '08 Chevy HHR LSSR
90 day: 23.66 mpg (US)
Boy that sounds good!

400 Horsepower, 500 Ft. Lbs of Torque and 110 MPG! Wow! That is impressive!
I will believe it when I see it. I read some of their web site and it promoted a block brace for race cars and several references to the Progressive X challenge but nothing of about how they plan to win it or the motor.
Supposidely it is using a Mustang chassis and running E85? They are driving it to the SEMA show and yet they are selling block braces when they get there?

HELLO! if they can make 400 horsepower and get 110 MPG from a fairly heavy not very aerodynamic vehicle then that is front page news everywhere! And they are immedaitly millionaires. Everyone would want one of those magic motors. That would be one of the most important inventions in history and would change the world. Why are they talking about a block brace when they have one of the biggest inventions in the history of man? (if true!)

There is no magic. It takes a certain amount of fuel per hour to make horsepower. You can increase the performance by making the vehicle lighter, more aerodynamic and reducing the drag of the components and drivetrain.

If true think about the possibilities. You could have a smaller say 50 Hp version in a aerodynamic, lightweight vehicle like the Aptera and it would get like 2000 miles per gallon!

Even with the 18 wheelers you could get 30 MPG instead of the 8 they are now getting!

I am not holding my breath for this one and will believe it when I see it. Sure, I hope it is true but dont count on it.