View Single Post
Old 02-04-2009, 08:07 AM   #30 (permalink)
Curly1
EcoModding Lurker

Princess - '08 Chevy HHR LSSR
90 day: 23.66 mpg (US)
Not to be rude but

Not to be rude but I could care less about the how the car performs during a deer collision or deer behavior.
I do try to be careful when I see deer on the road and slow down some but if it happens it happens and I will deal with it. I try to avoid all collisions deer, cars or what ever. I just do not design and build a car for deer collisions.

The important thing about this thread is Basjoos web site and I like it. The web site makes a very compelling arguement for better aerodynamics from the factories. It proves what can be done and that it works. Now the major manufacturors need to take this information and run with it to produce a vehicle that is more aerodynamic and performs better.

The Aptera is further proof and I think (hope) these two cars have a strong effect on future designs.

I would also like to know if the car has been lowered and if it would help or hurt its performance. On one hand it makes the frontal area smaller but it also gives less room for the air to flow under the vehicle smoothly. So I would be curious to know if it helps or hurts this car to lower it.

Many people think that the manufacturors build the car to perform best and it is best not to make modifications. I dissagree, I think the manufacturors design the cars to fit as many uses as possible. Have a good general all around vehicle with few drawbacks. Basjoos has proven that if you design it more for a single purpose that you can definatly improve it over stock.

I also think that manufacturors and customers tend to be more conservative in what they like as far as looks. The manufacturors do not want to build a car that does not sell well. With that said the time is right for a few completly different more radical designs.
If the manufacturors design and build a car similar to Basjoos car many may not like the look but the proven performance would definatly help sales. I think it would start making a change in what we think is a beautiful car.
I would consider a new well built car with a similar design to Basjoos car and I think many here would as well.

As for the performance of a deer hit well that just is not an important selling point or issue to me.