View Single Post
Old 02-08-2009, 12:26 AM   #361 (permalink)
MPaulHolmes
PaulH

Michael's Electric Beetle - '71 Volkswagen Superbeetle 500000
Thanked 1,202 Times in 765 Posts
A little present from my family! (A dang mill!)

Thanks Ben, it is nice to have everyone be so encouraging!

RedRod, you didn't miss anything. I added some features like current and thermal limiting without adding it to the schematic. I need to update that to account for the car's version. I've worked on it some today. I added the new 2 throttle input to the schematic. I've also been reading up on implementing the bigger 400 or 500 amp Hall effect current limiters. I'll add that to the schematic soon. AND, I'll add the hardware current limiting to the schematic. This thing is sort of growing bigger. The new schematic will be larger, so I'll try to compartmentalize everything to make it still understandable. Once it's ready, I'll upload it.

P.S.: I was informed that there is a little present from my family on the way. hehe. My brother must have just got his Tax return or something. Maybe because I named our son's middle name after him (Caleb)? Why would someone be so kind? I promised myself I wouldn't cry... Tear!

There is a 600 amp current sensor that needed a smaller aperture. Oh dear! I need a way to "mill" the copper narrower to use it though! What to do?! Well, you can officially shave off about $13 from that $313 price tag, if THIS is purchased in packs of 10.

It's shipping right as I speak. The driver is probably in montana right now, bringing that MILL to me!!!!!!!!! Come to me, sweet mama!!!!! Now adapter plates can be done too! Heavy PCB copper etching with +/- 0.001 inch accuracy! Hold me back! Hold me back!

That's right everyone! A beautiful mill coming to live with us forever! A Geared Head Milling Drilling Machine! 1.5 HP. 625 pounds! Gangsta!

Goodbye $500 adapter plates. Goodbye etching with a dremel! Hello MILL!

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	MillingMachine.gif
Views:	183
Size:	17.5 KB
ID:	2684  

Last edited by MPaulHolmes; 02-08-2009 at 01:25 AM..