View Single Post
Old 02-08-2009, 07:41 PM   #365 (permalink)
MPaulHolmes
PaulH

Michael's Electric Beetle - '71 Volkswagen Superbeetle 500000
Thanked 1,202 Times in 765 Posts
Patches O'Houlihan? haha!
Anyone remember like 9 months ago or so, when I bought a shop crane engine hoist thing on sale at Harbor Freight? Well, I finally put it together today. It was truly horrible. Why the sudden decision to put it together? Well, the MILL IS ARRIVING AT HARBOR FREIGHT ON TUESDAY!

A student in one of my weenie math 99 classes (x + 1 = 5. Find x.) has volunteered to drive his truck to HF and pick up the mill. Then He'll back into the garage, and we'll get out the old engine hoist, and lift it out of there! It's like 625 pounds! Why the crap is a dang glorified drill press 625 pounds? Whatever. It's all good. My engine hoist can hoist 2000 pounds. So, if Oprah... Nevermind.

Hey, I can remove engines now! Well, I can lift the engine out once all the right stuff is unbolted, which I don't think I know how to do. I'm going to re-watch the video of the new fancy coupler for Ben Nelson. It's so simple and beautiful and awesome! I need to understand that. I might need to some day pick up a lathe, unless it can be done with a mill. I think that was the video when the guys were getting uncomfortably close to Ben...

Calling all MazdaMatt's! So, I understand the principle of PI loops, but I don't know how to measure the step response, because I don't know how to capture a single transient response on the oscilloscope. Maybe I should send a PM to MazdaMatt. That would make more sense. Blah blah. Why am I still writing? I have nothing much to say anymore! by! I have to enter stupid decroded piece of crap grades into the computer now. Whoever invented working was a stupid idiot. I have a Karate Chop sandwich with extra mayonnaise, and Dijon mustard too with their name on it.