View Single Post
Old 02-11-2009, 10:24 AM   #29 (permalink)
spoil9
EcoModding Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilden View Post
Dont worry about not being able to read it. Just my bad drawing. The symbols are meant to represent batteries, and my agument was that, if you can have 48 AA batteries in series to produce 72v at 2.7amps, and you can have 37 batteries in parallel to produce 100amps at 1.5v, surely, if you join those two circuits together you could produce 73.5v at 102.7amps. Or am I talking a load of rubbish?
We are basically talking the same thing, just using different numbers and words to describe it.

I got my numbers by dividing 72V by (1.4V per battery) to equal 51.4 batteries, then just rounded up. This I assumed would be wired in series to equal about 72V @ 2.7A.

Then each 'string' as I called them (I may be using the wrong term here) would be wired in parallel which would add the current to get your 100A.
To find this I took 100A and divided (2.7A per string of batteries wired in series) to equal 37.03 which I rounded to 37. (Cause rounding up to 38 would add another series of 52 batteries)

The end result is still 72V (ish) at 100A (ish) not taking into account wiring resistance, heat build up, improper matched cells, etc.