View Single Post
Old 02-14-2009, 11:02 PM   #390 (permalink)
MPaulHolmes
PaulH

Michael's Electric Beetle - '71 Volkswagen Superbeetle 500000
Thanked 1,202 Times in 765 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by esonson View Post
Careful now Paul. Go slow......don't rush it. Don't want to lose any of those itty bitty electro-parts......don't want to etch-a-sketch an unwanted cut or add. Take your time.

Deep breaths.........there.......now concentrate! :-)

Eric
haha! I was thinking about that today. I tried to be super careful. I finished the mosfet/diode side of the power board. I was able to fit (perfectly!) 12 mosfets and 12 diodes. That's right, folks, a 600amp 144v controller, for the first draft! haha! Even with a mill, it was still pretty hard work. Lots of concentrating! Holy cow. Near the end I was so afraid I was going to make a mistake, that I was having trouble counting. I couldn't focus! phew!

The first etching! The diode side...

Another angle.

Diode side done!

Poof, mosfet side done too! That was fast!

Well, it was harder than it looked. I have never concentrated so hard in my life! Geeze!

Next, I must wait for the mill clamps to come, and then do the power section for the capacitor side. Oh, this is really exciting! Then I have to solder all the power stuff on, and then make the control board with the hardware current limiting. Oh man. There are a few details here and there. But it's coming! Version 2 is going to be super easy to make. The first one is the hardest I think.