View Single Post
Old 02-15-2009, 12:19 AM   #18 (permalink)
BrianAbington
Master EcoModder

Civic - '98 Honda Civic DX
90 day: 41.44 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by elhigh View Post
Binger, I like it. I have one question, though: Do the LEDs have a narrow viewing angle? Your statement that you have to get down low to see just how bright the emitters are makes me think they have a pretty narrow throw, and that worries me a bit for doing it myself. I like great big lights on the back of my car - the 80s were great for me that way. I want everyone to see that I'm slowing down, and react accordingly.

No, they can be seen from the side very well, look at the picture from about 60ft away and look at how bright the light is on the ground, how wide its spread is and how bright it is on the side of the pickup truck that I was standing next to. There was some concern expressed by others about them being to bright for drivers directly behind me. For some one in a vehicle they will be fine.
What I was saying was that inorder for them to be to bright I had to get down on a knee directly in thier line of sight.

Oh yeah...thanks for the compliments guys. I know they don't look the greatest but they get the job done. and from a safe following distance they look pretty sweet.