View Single Post
Old 02-16-2009, 01:06 AM   #10 (permalink)
mossman
EcoModding Lurker

Shadow Fox - '94 Ford Ranger
90 day: 22.08 mpg (US)

Silver FoX - '00 Honda Civic EX
90 day: 36.31 mpg (US)
It works great!

I never even turn the radio on anymore, driving is more like a video game than ever and I'm always trying to beat the high score! My first calibration tank suffered from a power inturruption to the 'guino. I am now 1/4 into the next tank and looking good. I have adjusted the VSS pulses per mile to 17200. that seems really close to the odo now. I should check that on a measured road some day... anyway I also adjusted the resistance in the hysteresis loop to 500k. After I finally installed the wire splices (replacing the alligator clips) on the PCM the 'guino started showing what apeared to be injector signal leaking over onto the VSS circut. decreasing the value of that resistor (R2 above) solved the problem. Of course too low a resistor and you cut off your low speeds (coasting up to a light). I love my MPGuino it's been a great project and I hope to customize it more in the future. And I want to build one for my fiance (maybe the kit this time?) but she wants outside temp on it. Looks to me like that should be doable and entertaining. I wonder if can figure out the code end...