View Single Post
Old 02-16-2009, 11:10 AM   #7 (permalink)
Piwoslaw
aero guerrilla

Svietlana II - '13 Peugeot 308SW e-HDI 6sp
90 day: 58.1 mpg (US)
tasdrouille- try looking for the yaris and smart fortwos under the SUVs.
You guys are complaining about North American cities, but when I come to the US the driving seems soooo slooow. Compared to Poland, and especially Warsaw, Americans drive by the law. Sure, they think their GMC Yukon or H2 is a compact and fits in a parking slot with a "C", but they still don't deserve the name "kamikaze". In Warsaw I'm considered a slow driver so everyone honks at me, flashes their lights or even passes me on the sidewalk or grass! And I only drive 20-30km/h over the speed limit (now less, since I pay more attention to FE).
Quote:
Originally Posted by groar View Post
The best is to smoke with the left hand, to phone with the right hand and to search something in a bag with the third hand.
You forgot about the cup of coffee. Sounds like the soccer moms that drive American kids to school every morning. I had a few close encounters with those when biking in Berkeley
Quote:
Originally Posted by groar View Post
Everybody here has at least 4 hands and 3 brains to manage them
That's a lot of brains, Denis. Are you sure about that?

-- Adam

What matters is where you're going, not how fast.

"... we humans tend to screw up everything that's good enough as it is...or everything that we're attracted to, we love to go and defile it." - Chris Cornell

[Old] Piwoslaw's Peugeot 307sw modding thread