View Single Post
Old 02-16-2009, 03:07 PM   #12 (permalink)
Piwoslaw
aero guerrilla

Svietlana II - '13 Peugeot 308SW e-HDI 6sp
90 day: 58.1 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
I haven't been driving much here this winter, but as a pedestrian I can relate one suprising thing: drivers STOP and let you cross any road or intersection without having to play chicken first. They're unbelievably courteous to pedestrians.

And I don't mean just at intersections. Turn to cross a street in the middle of the block, and most drivers would stop and wave you across.
That's one of the things that struck me and my sister when we were biking in Nova Scotia. I've liked Halifax ever since...

Back to cars in parking lots. In NC, in the middle of a summer heat wave, in every single parking lot you see someone talking with their door open, engine running and A/C blasting. Or doing something around the car with the door open. And you listen to that engine whining and sweating and panting. And you just want to walk over there, turn off the engine and slam the door shut. Hopefully with the keys inside.
I've gotta go to some aggresion therapy or something

What matters is where you're going, not how fast.

"... we humans tend to screw up everything that's good enough as it is...or everything that we're attracted to, we love to go and defile it." - Chris Cornell

[Old] Piwoslaw's Peugeot 307sw modding thread