View Single Post
Old 02-18-2009, 06:59 PM   #19 (permalink)
BrianAbington
Master EcoModder

Civic - '98 Honda Civic DX
90 day: 41.44 mpg (US)
If I were to run biodiesel which is better to run B20? B50? B100?

From what I have found most places in the omaha area use bio diesel that is made from soy rather than recycled resturant stuff.

For those of you who are against using veggi oil kits...what are your reasons? I have read alot of bad...but it seems that most people who complain the most about them use poorly constructed kits that don't have enough heat in the oil by the time it gets to the rail. Or they were put on an engine that already was on its way to failure and they blame it on speeding up the failure process...which theres really no way to tell.

I like the idea of grease kits. My drive is 40miles both ways...and the really cool thing is that there are good stretches at the begining and end to drive on for the purge cycle.
5 min from home to the highway...50min on the highway...5min through town to work...the the opposite way. This is exactly how the companys selling these kits recomend they be used.

Still up for debate...

I really like the newer jetta wagon. Very nice car with lots and lots of cargo space.
I also like the prius...but I do feel like im in a luxury car when in the jettas.