View Single Post
Old 02-19-2009, 05:48 AM   #29 (permalink)
lunarhighway
Master EcoModder

vectra a - '95 Opel Vectra GLS
90 day: 37.51 mpg (US)
did some more digging

on the official belgian mercedes site the normal sedan version of the new E class is already listed, and torough as always mercedes has a very comprehensive pdf with technical data for the car, which actucally lists the Cd vanues for various variants.... these range from 0.25 for the
E 200 CDI BlueEFFICIENCY to 0.28
by no means bad! and it totally explains why the coupé is able to get 0.24 ... the different roofline alone could nock of this extra 0.01Cd off on the other hand a fitting wider tires will quickly ruin a lot of slipperyness.... the blue efficientcy is mercedeses "eco tweaked" badge... most car manifacturers in europe have introduced some blue, or eco whatever variant... these have cleaner emissions and often tweaked aero, such as underbody pannels and lower ride height... also on some brands certain un-ecofriendly options are absent.

interestingly the pdf also contains a scale drawing with a topview. the site itself also has a nice 360 view with a very nice zoom... to bad it's not truely 3d as i'd move the camara underneath, but you can get a pretty good look at the wheel dams... i assume the front of the cars are identical

here's a direct link the the pdf wich is in german apparently.... i'm sure that when the coupé comes out they'll post something similar.

hope this works and don't sound any bandwithalarms in stuttgart:

http://www.mercedes-benz.be/content/...ta_02-2009.pdf