View Single Post
Old 02-20-2009, 12:46 PM   #6 (permalink)
noeryan
EcoModding Lurker

Black Fit - '08 Honda Fit Sport
Testdrive: I've never used Pulse and Glide. However, with the terrain, it may be a slight form of it.

This would only entail smooth accelerations I believe...

ALSO **IMPORTANT**

Thinking of a way to do the calculations and since it will be a trial and error type of thing (backwards differential equations), I may have to do this in MATLAB.

We could use Excel but I believe the intensity of the program with its MANY differential equations might slow down the calculations and we would be limited to the number of cells etc.

Maybe we can start with excel to get the algorithms correct and then I'll switch it to MATLAB to put more depth into the program.

I would be using Euler's method of differentiating if anyone was curious as to the set up. Also if anyone has a more computer friendly algorithm please let me know! Since I would only know the start and end conditions (being stopped) and the redlight/stop sign conditions, I would have to do the differential equations numerous times in a loop until I came across one that gave results that I liked... this would be easy but takes time for the computer to run (not real long... really)...