View Single Post
Old 02-20-2009, 11:56 PM   #8 (permalink)
noeryan
EcoModding Lurker

Black Fit - '08 Honda Fit Sport
I'm glad to see interest!!!

As of now, I'm just going to get my bearings on how to set up the initial algorithms and do maybe an incline then decline to test them out. I can't figure out how to reverse the differential equations (more unknowns than equations...) unless I can somehow use the initial conditions and the final conditions to give me enough knowns. Using this would mean I had to make the equations more flexible to account for every hill all in one set instead of breaking the trip into mini trips and doing a set of equations for each linear gradient.

I like where you are going with the GPS/laptop config Bicycle Bob. If you know much about this it would be awesome.

I'm going to stick with the math and very simple models for now and get something producing some data. From there I plan on expanding the trip and testing it and debugging. Next would be to add in gear shifting (try to stay in 5th gear velocities and power requirements)... its a step by step thing. For the first step I'll create the Euler Equations in Excel and post it for you guy's expert review