View Single Post
Old 02-21-2009, 03:09 PM   #1 (permalink)
trikkonceptz
Legend in my own mind

Evil Pumpkin - '08 Scion xD RS 1.0 #1633
90 day: 35.45 mpg (US)

Silent Silver Killer - '10 Honda Insight EX
90 day: 51.5 mpg (US)
Injector fuel cut off

It is a term I hear thrown around here many times in many different threads. Has anyone ever proven this using a fuel pressure gauge? Or confirming that the voltage going to the injectors is Zero during these moments?

Using a scangauge is inaccurate especially if you think the 9999mpg's means you have no fuel running, unless you have precisely calibrated the scangauge to do so ...

I just feel if your vehicle does shut off the fuel the engine would stop completely, ala shut down, requiring a restart by bump start or in auto's turning the key again.

Can engines reduce fuel flow during certain conditions, yes ... do they shut down, no, unless they are a hybrid in which case you would feel your engine shut down and restart as hybrids do ...

Please clarify this as it bothers me to hear some say that their 1984 crx has a fuel cutoff when coasting ... (that statement was random BTW)

Thanks ..

I am a precisional instrument of speed and aeromatics
If your knees bent in the opposite direction......what would a chair look like???