View Single Post
Old 02-24-2009, 06:14 AM   #22 (permalink)
tomlai
EcoModding@Large

LOGAN - '08 Mahindra Renault Logan GLE
I now believe the is s glitch in the SG itself. I was using the four Gauges
1. LOD
2. TPS
3. Tank Trip LHK XGauge
4. Current Trip LHK XGauge

for a very long time ... say, about 6 months at a single stretch without adding any new Gauges, etc. The only activity would be to adjust Tank FillUp. Sometime during this period, I started to P&G more extensively, I would get exceptional Tank/Current mileage, but the tank fillup compensation would always show that I wasn't actually achieving figures any near what SG was reporting.

After posting this problem on ecomodder, I changed some of the gauges around and now have LOD, MAP, Current Trip LHK Xgauge and Current Trip Cost XGauge, and shuffled the positions of the Gauges around, suddenly the massive +173% Tank Fillup compensation is having effect!!

So at the last fill I massively decreased from +173% to +135%, and can see that there will be fruther dramatic reduction at the next fill ... I didn't want to completely reset the SG, so I am pulling back the fillup compensation tank by tank.

Now I am getting pretty BAD mileage figures and so I am sure the SG is back on track.

So, what can I attribute this change of behavior on the part of the SG? Was there some sort of SW glitch ... that didn't permanently disable the instrument, but caused it to ignore the fillup compensation value altogether??