View Single Post
Old 02-24-2009, 11:35 PM   #315 (permalink)
AndrewJ
Awesomeness personified

Harold - '94 Honda Civic CX
90 day: 54.51 mpg (US)

Margot - '08 Surly Big Dummy
Send a message via AIM to AndrewJ
I'm BAAAAACK!

And I'll shortly get around to answer a few questions.

But first, a short synopsis of my last few months:

Driving in Missouri sucks. Some combination of the hilly terrain, the 10% ethanol in the gas and the winter temps have really killed my mileage.

I was living with my parents until just last month and I had a 30 mile commute to work each day. Even with the block heater helping to warm the car up I could just barely manage 55mpg on a good day. Most days 50 was the norm.

Then in November I managed to accidentally rip off my front airdam while backing up out of a parking spot in a field. That managed to hurt the mileage a bit too. Plus my little radiator fan LED would always light up just from the wind spinning the fan as I drove down the highway.

Anyway, I got a new grille-cover made, but no full airdam, as I didn't have enough ABS to make the whole thing over again.

My wife and I bought a house in Columbia (the town I work in) last month, and we've been spending all of our spare time ripping the kitchen out (down to the bare studs in places) and putting it all back in slightly re-arranged.

Since I now live 2.25 miles from work, I bike EVERYWHERE. I've only driven the car a few times in the last month, mostly when I take my dogs to the dog park (they don't fit too well in the bike)

oh, and last month it got really windy and managed to rip the plexiglass window right off the back of my car, so I hastily re-attached a new one and am in the process of figuring out a better way to fasten it.

So that's it in a nutshell.

And I should seriously be on more now. I have DSL
And I should be getting the kitchen done soon