View Single Post
Old 02-25-2009, 01:17 AM   #7 (permalink)
gtkid2002
EcoModding Apprentice

The Bug - '69 Volkswagen Bug Base
I'll probably get a new gasket, and seal it up as well. As far as I know, it's original, and the car has 186k on it. I tried sealing up the old one, but I don't think that worked well. I have to was my engine bay where the leak was at to find out if what's on there is residual or current leak oil. My poor car just needs a full tune-up. Hasn't had one in years.

Yeah, the four wheel steering works when the car is off. It's the only kind in the world (Wikipedia!) that is all mechanical. I love it. I accelerate on corners when people have to brake, it's actually the only reason I don't have a VW Bug right now. I wish I had a manual though. But I don't think 47mpg is bad on an auto transmission. I forgot to mention that since my muffler was shot (no pipe leading up to it, and the bottom of it had been ground/scraped horribly), I replaced it with a cherry bomb. I know that's probably blasphemy on here, but it's all I can afford. Still got the catalytic converter though, and I wont remove that.