View Single Post
Old 02-09-2008, 10:23 PM   #6 (permalink)
budomove
EcoModding Lurker

Ze Future Beam - '00 honda insight
90 day: 66.23 mpg (US)
I live in nyc, so I don't REALLY need a car, it's just nice to be able to leave on the weekends without taking buses and trains, because I do love driving. I also work in greenwich, ct half the week, and it's either a 45 minute drive, or 2 hrs of 3 different trains. The cost of train commuting, and car ownership per month are about the same. I may opt to endure longer commute times, so that I can live carfree.

I always loved the feeling that my hatch cost nothing, and that nothing could really go wrong. I just wanted something safer, that had airbags and such.

the metro is at least as unsafe as the civic, but it is just so cheap. The vx, even though it has front airbags, is really no safer than the 88-91 ef civic, and is not a cheap car when found rust free. I think what it all boils down to, is I want relative highway safety, or I will simply learn to live without a car. I wish they made another lean burn car after the vx, that had more safety. The 01-05 hx is what I was looking at when I was prompted by mom to drive a safer car, but I wanted a compact hatchback.

That 91 hatch had such great visibility, which is a memory that makes me nostalgic while changing lanes in the insight.

I will either:
keep the insight
or live without a car.

I need to think about it

Thanks Metro.

Last edited by budomove; 02-09-2008 at 10:42 PM..