View Single Post
Old 03-04-2009, 12:06 AM   #1 (permalink)
low&slow
Master EcoModder

l&s' Jag - '00 Jaguar S-Type SE
90 day: 25.86 mpg (US)

l&s' Vision - '82 Yamaha Vision XZ550RJ
90 day: 59.92 mpg (US)

L&S' Greenaero Ninja 250 - '99 Kawasaki Ninja EX250F Ninja 250R
90 day: 97.24 mpg (US)

SilverAero Ninja 250 - '04 Kawasaki EX250 Ninja
90 day: 88.24 mpg (US)
Three 30+mpg tanks on trip !

Hi,
I just got back from a short vacation In Las Vegas. I drove from my home in Livermore CA out there to meet 3 friends who flew in so we could watch the NASCAR races this past weekend. We had a great time and I was able to record three 30+mpg tankfills during the trip there and back. My best tank average was 36 mpg which shattered my previous best by about 6 mpg. Mainly I watched my speed, staying at the limit or slightly slower and used DWL uphills and DFCO going downhill. I' ve done a few aero mods to my 2000 Jaguar 3.0 liter S-Type ( upper and partial lower grille block, front wheel deflectors and passenger mirror removal) and they appeared to helped a fair amount. The tank I used getting back and forth to the races was not so good due to the stop and go traffic getting to and from the races ( 25.2 mpg). Also I lost one of my lower grille block panels parking at the racetrack but I still was able to log a 34mpg tank average on the way back.
Thanks for all the great info shared by the members, it has helped me achieve a significant personal milestone in my hypermiling hobby.
Vic