View Single Post
Old 03-04-2009, 12:20 AM   #1 (permalink)
Wayneburg
EcoModding Lurker

I Bought the Geo Metro!!!

I bought that Geo Metro I've been talking about. I know, I know. I said I'd get a Civic, but the Civic is out of my budget range. Anyway, I don't feel so bad about doing work on this car, because if I make a mistake it's not going to break the bank. Why? Because the car only cost me $800!

Her specs are:
1994 Geo Metro
Base Trim Model
Automatic
2 Door Hatchback
Air Conditioning

She's got really poor acceleration, no working turn signals, no reverse lights, the headlights have been rewired to a crappy switch dangling at my feet, the windows are a mother to roll up or down, the hood doesn't close all the way, and the hatch takes at least two slams to close. But, she's all mine and she gets me places.

I plan to use her for city driving mostly. Get out to the beach. Take the occasional road trip through the desert southwest.

I took her to the mechanic to get some work done and one of the customers there asked what kind of mileage she gets. The truth is she gets 24 mpg right now, but when she came off the factory line she got 34 mpg. With all the mods I plan to do, she should get over 70 mpg (I hope).

Well, there she is and I'm quickly fallin in love with her.