View Single Post
Old 03-04-2009, 01:11 AM   #15 (permalink)
Christ
Moderate your Moderation.

Pasta - '96 Volkswagen Passat TDi
90 day: 45.22 mpg (US)
Well, I have to take it a step at a time now... times are still slightly uncertain, so I'm only doing like one car at a time. I try to take the money from that car's sale, to buy another one, so I have sustainable resource.

I have to use part of the money to live on though, as well. So far, I've only done a few.

I do plan on using the "upgrades" as a marketing technique as well, so maybe in the future, I'll be able to get more business that way.

The end result of my work should basically be that I don't have to buy parts to fix cars anymore... other than internal parts, etc. I should basically be able to have a car in stock, that needs fixed, and be able to pick out the part I want from my own inventory, for the most part. Obviously, there will be exceptions.

I don't know if I'm ready to start adding things like MPGuino's as an upgrade yet... Don't want to get too crazy right at the beginning, rather get my name around slowly, so people get used to hearing it before they start associating it with mind-numbing data and the like.

I think initially, I'll start off slow, like adding plastic to the backsides of the hubcaps (if applicable) but painting the new plastic black, so it doesn't look like the hole is filled. I used to do that anyway, before I know what Aero was... I just thought it looked like crap to see rims behind the hubcaps.

Everyone - I really appreciate the support on this subject... keep the ideas coming if you have them!