View Single Post
Old 03-05-2009, 02:17 PM   #1 (permalink)
97Cavalier
97Cavalier

Yaris - '09 Toyota Yaris Base
90 day: 40.51 mpg (US)
Chevy Cavalier to Toyota Yaris

Howdy folks,

It's been a while since I last posted but real life has kept it's ugly head in view but hopefully it's settling down some.

Perhaps the most important thing that's happened since my last post is that my car, a 1997 Chevy Cav, was t-boned by a Ford Crown Vic and totaled. It was/is still drivable but only because the local WalMart had a good supply of gorilla tape on hand to seal the damage and holes in the passenger side.

With the aid of the State of Texas and an AirCheck Texas voucher, I was able to purchase a new '09 Toyota Yaris 2-door 1.5L 4Cyl. 5-Spd. It had 7 miles on the Odo so it's a fresh start for me.

I've got a couple of questions though...

When setting up my ScanGuageII for the '09 Yaris, I set the engine size and fuel tank size and that went ok. When I went back to the instant readings on the guages, tps (throttle position) read 16 at idle rather than 0. I know my foot wasn't on the pedal so is there any reason why this would show incorrectly? Is there a way to check the throttle position on my own or do I have to take it to a mechanic?

Also, does anyone else here have a Yaris? If so, does anyone have tips for the little thing?

Driving from the dealer to work on the highway with the a/c on showed approx. 50-53mpg at 60-65mph. I know the ScanGuageII will have to be calibrated with a few fillups but does that sound about right for the car? The window sticker shows approx 32-36mpg for the highway.

Thanks and drive safe,

Jeff