View Single Post
Old 03-10-2009, 03:44 PM   #7 (permalink)
pinoyFMtC
EcoModding Lurker

RR FoST - '14 Ford Focus ST
90 day: 26.93 mpg (US)

CWP - WRX - '21 Subaru WRX Premium
90 day: 27.62 mpg (US)

AYM - M4 - '16 BMW M4
90 day: 24.42 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cfg83 View Post
pinoyFMtC -

Welcome to EM! The tC is a gorgeous little car. If they had offered the original xA/B drivetrain I would have been verrrrryyyyy tempted.

If you are racing, I wonder if you have thought about a fuel controller (not cheap!!!). I'm only asking because I think you've got a lot of tuner culture to leverage with the Scion. I don't have any experience with fuel controllers.

CarloSW2
Nice vid haha. If the tC had the 1NZ-FE 1.5L from the xA/xB, I don't think it would be as well suited for my trips to the track haha. It would be good for mileage though.

Most people with tCs use piggyback engine managment to tune fuel when they go forced induction. Naturally Aspirated, tCs don't make much power with a piggyback or any other NA mods. Therefore, power wise forced induction is the only cost effective way to make power on these engines. However, I wonder if a piggyback could help mileage wise?

Our ECUs are not too piggyback friendly either, the ECU likes to "fight" it. The best solution is standalone engine management, and that is big $$$.