View Single Post
Old 03-19-2009, 04:53 PM   #35 (permalink)
Cd
Ultimate Fail

Thanked 1,121 Times in 679 Posts
electricghia, your image above is just what I was talking about.
Luckily, it looks like no one was seriously injured. I saw a Corvette that fared much worse - the SUV climbed up the hood of the 'vette and smashed straight into the driver.

I have a fellow that I work with that welds as a hobby ( he is very good ) and is building an old Ford hot rod.
He knows of a guy that has some K.G. bodies for sale, but since I'm still without a garage, I won't be building any K.G. streamliners anytime soon.
I showed him the model in progress that I have pictured on this thread, and asked his opinion about the 'ramp' problem.
He seemed to think that a good roll cage would help to deflect any vehicles away from the driver. I was surprised that he actually really liked the look of the car. Several other co-workers also gathered around and made positive comments about the look of the car.
Without me saying anything about my real reasoning for extending the trunk,( to streamline the car ) he said that it looked really " streamlined " .
Cool !
Had I shown him a traditional car with a full boat-tail and wheel skirts all around, you can be sure that his reaction would have been quite different.
These cars just have a 'cool' look to them when you streamline them.

If you do decide to do any streamlining to your Ghia, please keep us posted on your progress !