View Single Post
Old 03-22-2009, 10:05 AM   #8 (permalink)
Bennett_Racing
Novice but learning!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aerohead View Post
Luke,is it the AA Fuel Altered that you want help on? Your all-up weight would be useful ( wet ).Are you at full lock-up with the clutch at the timing light? Is there any horsepower to spare? Is the body of the car already carbon-fiber epoxy? Does the rule-book allow any enclosure of the body/chassis for that class? Are the wrinkle-walls slipping presently at speed ( roof-top negative-lift airfoil )? Can the driver see around the engine/blower/bug-catcher at present time? Do you have your front/rear axle weight bias ? Do you have a sense of the car's dynamic weight distribution at upper speed. Do you have a time/velocity table so we can see your residence time through a velocity regime? Can you show us where the center-of-gravity of the car is. Have you ever put a model of it in a windtunnel to determine it's aerodynamic center-of-pressure. Does the car do a wheel-stand,with chassis-flecture at launch? If so,at what distance and velocity does the front wheels touch down? Do the small outboard winglets at the front axle keep the wheels firmly planted near top-speed? Can you say how much the cabin raises as the drag slicks grow to full sidewall height? Is the length of the car at it's maximum or could it be any longer? Can the wheelie-bars be enclosed? These are some considerations one would need to appraise where you presently are,and potentially where you could get to.We don't have to tell you how dynamic a dragster is,from launch to the finish line,and your driver's safety is paramount.If your going to "experiment" with the "real thing" you sure want to be safe about it.

Thats a few questions ! I will try to answer them the best I can.

is it the AA Fuel Altered that you want help on?
Yes the black Relentless fuel altered

Your all-up weight would be useful ( wet )
2200lbs race ready with driver

Are you at full lock-up with the clutch at the timing light?
Do you mean top end finish line? Or the start line?

Is there any horsepower to spare?
How do you mean?

Is the body of the car already carbon-fiber epoxy?
No fibreglass but its fairly lightweight, we were concious of this when we made it.

Does the rule-book allow any enclosure of the body/chassis for that class?
Pretty much do what we want...thinking an undertray?

Are the wrinkle-walls slipping presently at speed ( roof-top negative-lift airfoil )?
Don'y get this one...sorry

Can the driver see around the engine/blower/bug-catcher at present time?
Yeah has about an inch over the injector

Do you have your front/rear axle weight bias ?
It is around 800lbs over front and 1400lbs rear end

Do you have a sense of the car's dynamic weight distribution at upper speed?
None

Do you have a time/velocity table so we can see your residence time through a velocity regime?
Not sure what you mean...

Can you show us where the center-of-gravity of the car is?
Not sure how can I find out?

Have you ever put a model of it in a windtunnel to determine it's aerodynamic center-of-pressure?
I am currently trying to get it sorted, have someone ready to put a model in there but need a CAD drawing done first.

Does the car do a wheel-stand,with chassis-flecture at launch?
Yes, chassis must flex to enable it to put the power down

If so,at what distance and velocity does the front wheels touch down?
Front wheels come down at around 60 feet out or about 100mph

Do the small outboard winglets at the front axle keep the wheels firmly planted near top-speed?
So far yes, we have only tested the car so far but at 160mph the car was very stable.

Can you say how much the cabin raises as the drag slicks grow to full sidewall height?
The tyres grow about 8-10 inches in total

Is the length of the car at it's maximum or could it be any longer?
We are restricted by wheelbase (centre of wheels) which is 125 inches. Everything else we can do what we want.

Can the wheelie-bars be enclosed?
Yeah

I agree safety is paramount its my dad in the car so I'd like it right.

Even if there are some little things I can do/make it might be the difference between a 6.200 and a 6.1999

Thanks again all appreciate your time.

Luke