View Single Post
Old 03-23-2009, 07:34 PM   #4 (permalink)
BillWhedon
EcoModding Lurker

Magnetic engine basic training?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyatt View Post
I looked at your website, and there is really no information there. How much will your 80 hp engine weigh? Applications? Also, the problem isn't using the magnet's field to make motion, it's resetting the magnet so it can make the motion again, that's why you need an energy input to get power output, like a motor. If you can answer my questions satisfactorily, I would be happy to donate a couple bucks, or a couple hours.
I know the website doesn't contain many specifics. Perhaps that's the situation. The information required for describing an engine that actually works reliably is enough to immediately give away the farm, which would vastly upset my partners, who don't even want me on here talking about it! To answer the non-upsetting questions directly, first: The 80HP engine will weigh in at around 45 pounds less the reduction gearbox. Its primary purpose will be automotive power. The one on the bench now should produce about 20HP, which is sufficient to power a 10KW generator, thus pretty much freeing my own house from the electric company <grins very widely>

One small specific: I do not "reset" the magnets. They simply sit there on the flywheel and spin along with it. There are no electric motors starting the thing .. no batteries required.

I have a few reasonable-sized investors who are awaiting release of licensing. When that takes place, I will take on manufacturing help to be able to keep up with demand, which I expect will not be long in coming.

I urge anyone who wants to become "amicus inventor" to be aware that it is, indeed, a gamble, but a lot less so than dropping your dollars in a slot machine. Remember, please, that it's my gamble, too, which is inherently bigger than yours, and I tend to only like to bet on sure things. Like, against the KC Chiefs (my wife will kill me if she reads that!)

The secret, if you care to call it that, is amazingly simple .. so much so, that I'm utterly amazed that my dad didn't find it way back in 1952 when he was experimenting with the same stuff, nor in the 40 years afterward. But he was an ME and perhaps had some preconceptions from that place that didn't allow him to see the (to me) obvious. Kind of like my recently having to disabuse one of my ME colleagues of the notion that I was somehow purporting that I was violating the second law of thermodynamics. A blessing of being an SOP inventor is that I have just enough technical knowledge to make it work .. not to thoroughly explain the scientifics of WHY it does! (Although the HOW is very well understood).

Anyhow, if you want to toss a few bucks my way, well, God bless you, as I'm on SS and the magnets I'm using are by no means cheap, nor will be hiring a machine shop when manufacture begins in earnest!

To much, much less oil-burning in the near future!
Bill Whedon