View Single Post
Old 03-24-2009, 12:22 AM   #24 (permalink)
BillWhedon
EcoModding Lurker

Demystifying the engine .. just a small engineering issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcb View Post
Can you PM me a picture then? I'm pretty sure something was lost in translation there.
I understand, believe me, but to get that bit was the result of hundreds of hours of researching non-working engines, building some of the ones that others swore worked, and had even sold to the unwary. There is only one other person, one of my partners, who has been told the solution, and he has asked that I not reveal that until we are in production. But to amplify the clue, see it another way. Once you understand how you would go about building a magnetic engine, then do that, and when and if it does not work, you will analyze it from the other side of the problem. It requires only a few obvious questions to get on the right track.

I truly hate having to be cryptic, but I am under a geas to my friend and colleague. The only things I will give are clues which I inferred myself, and which had to be both discovered and decoded by me.

It will cheer you and many others, however, to know that there is one very good, dependable, and inexpensive source of magnets up to the size of those I used in my initial build. K&J Magnetics .. [URL deleted by admin] is head and shoulders the best source I have found for NdFeBo magnets up to N52 strength. Check out their surplus magnets, too. Some of those are to die for, and it's a conscientious company with safety first, so do read their documentation!

Thats all I can in good faith to my partners, say.

Have fun!
Bill Whedon