View Single Post
Old 03-24-2009, 05:05 AM   #27 (permalink)
BillWhedon
EcoModding Lurker

Barking up the wrong magnet...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryland View Post
Now I can give you some answers as to what is going on and I'm not even going to ask you for any money as I have some very wealthy investors who wish not to be named, they could of course buy me out completely, or hire me they are so wealthy but chose not to because there are so many of them, but if you want to give me some money so I can buy a $4 cup of coffee I'm not going to turn it down, after all my idea has a patent pending on it, so it's not like it's protected by patent copy laws, or that the information has to be made public as part of the public review.
Always best to not name your investors, as they tend toward fluidity. But I will also advise you to not take any serious money from anyone unless you have a ready proof that your device works. I'm not talking about a $4 cup of coffee, either. So far I've been offered investment capital of up to $50million which I will absolutely not accept until the two large-horsepower prototypes are off the blocks and installed and running. They still cost just as much to produce, but I would rather view the entire transaction as a gamble, as I said, until the proofs are in place.

That attitude puts me in the same boat as you, financially, but it's still so much more ethical and safer, by my lights. I believe that old saw that says, "It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt!"

You cannot protect your invention unless you don't reveal its workings. That is a given. If you let someone have one prematurely, and they want to steal it, you cannot stop them. Further, international patents are outrageously expensive, and some places in this world still do not honor them. How much of the Chinese gear you purchase at WalMart was invented there? And a US patent is only a protection in the USA. So don't be naive.

However, if you truly believe in your device, come talk to me by email or telephone and if you have a Paypal account, I will be happy to set you up with a similar fund-collection method to mine, for assisting with development finance. You will need a website, but I can help there, too. You can reach me by the "Contact" page on [URL deleted by admin] to discuss details. I feel that there is nothing to be gained by selfishness in this world where we all need real friends just to survive.

Good luck, and God bless you!
Bill Whedon