View Single Post
Old 02-12-2008, 02:05 PM   #3 (permalink)
Hybrid Effects
EcoModding Lurker

k

Thanks TomO

I have been looking into components for grille blocking but have yet to come up with a good design for the actual blocking part. The research I have also been doing is trying to motorize the grille blocking mechanism. I was thinking of having preset positions from a switch that would limit the amount of air according to the selections on the switch. If any one has a good Idea's that would allow free flowing air in the open position please post or email me. email@hybrideffects.com I think the hard part would be designing the the mechanism that blocks the air the easy part would be motorizing it.

The thing about taking the time to design a boat-tail or the like is that in the fiberglass and carbon fiber industry is that people will order your part and copy it. Then all your hard work is down the drain so to speak but I will not discount the idea as I am looking into making rear wheel skirts for the Prius right now. What I would like to do is get a fairly simple product out on the market at first to generate capital to work on bigger projects like boat-tail's etc.

Thanks Franklin