View Single Post
Old 03-25-2009, 11:53 AM   #654 (permalink)
MazdaMatt
Master EcoModder

2k2Prot5 - '02 Mazda Protege5
90 day: 33.82 mpg (US)
Okay, back on topic. Paul... this may sound crazy... but when you do your PCB design for the controller, could you connect an SD card slot to the SPI (Serial Periferal Interface) lines on the mcu? Does that mcu HAVE SPI lines? It would be AWESOME to datalog these numbers. You pop in a card, drive around for a while "trying stuff", then go back home and see the numbers in an excel chart.

Also, please do that pulsing test at dead stop, low speed and high speed as the motor will react differently due to its increased EMF at higher speeds. I eventually will redesign your controller to account for the dI/dD (rate of change of current with respect to the rate of change of PWM duty cycle... you're the teacher, did i note that correctly, or should it be dI/d^2D?) Anyway, the point is, it would help the system response for the system to be able to figure out how quickly it needs to adjust.

To be clear, the system says "i have 0 current and pedal is at 100, hocus pocus, output is 10", "i have 5 current and pedal is at 100, hocus pocus, output is at 200 because it saw that current went up 5 from output change of 10, so 2:1 meaning we need to shoot for 200 to get 100", "I have 100 current and pedal is at 100, hocus pocus, maintain output of 200"

Obviously we wouldn't be that agressive.