View Single Post
Old 03-27-2009, 02:29 PM   #5 (permalink)
Piwoslaw
aero guerrilla

Svietlana II - '13 Peugeot 308SW e-HDI 6sp
90 day: 58.1 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drive Stick View Post
I think it's a brilliant idea, honestly. We have engineers, aerospace designers, graphic artists, back yard gurus and every other component necessary (including our own private funding) necessary to really lay down some copyrights and design our own complete vehicle, or vehicles which could in theory "best the next best thing."
We also already have a lot of A-B-A testing data, the closest you can get to $multimillion research labs and windtunnels with "NO budget".
PLUS, I believe there aren't any big oil lobbyists among us, so we really want to do things right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drive Stick View Post
I'm all for the idea, I'd put my bottom dollar that if maybe 15-20 individuals from each state got together we could all design and build some of the most eco-friendly and good looking cars. Once 50 car prototypes are complete, meet up in one central location, and get the attention of every big name in the business. Narrow it down based on the general public's opinion on what the best features and vehicles are and build 4 or 5 100+ mpg machines that everyone would buy.
But isn't that what you already get at hypermiling races and other eco-nerd get-togethers?

What matters is where you're going, not how fast.

"... we humans tend to screw up everything that's good enough as it is...or everything that we're attracted to, we love to go and defile it." - Chris Cornell

[Old] Piwoslaw's Peugeot 307sw modding thread